Version 3.0.0 is available here:
Notes about what is new in release 3.0.0 from Annie Wong and Cecile Cabanes:
- To resolve some legacy issues with the old OW variables:
“scale_age” is renamed “scale_age_small”;
“scale_age_large” is set to NaN for the old OW mapped profiles.
- “build_ptmp_xyt_cov.m” is now used in “calculate_piecewisefit.m” to compute the number of degrees of freedom (NDF) and the error estimates.
- In “fit_cond.m”, the condition related to the low NDF values (lines 278-281, NDF<13) which forces the fit to be an offset is removed. Instead, a warning is displayed to indicate that the fit may not be the “best one” when the NDF value is low.
- In the configuration file, we suggest the default mapping length scales be set to 6/3, 3/1, based on Ninove et al (2016). There is also information on how to set the mapping scales for the subpolar North Atlantic. Lastly, we recommend the default “max_breaks” be set to = 3 as a first pass.
- An error that occurred when the number of prescribed breakpoints is equal to (max_breaks – 1) (e.g. 2 breakpoints are specified in set_calseries.m and max_break=3) was solved.
- An error that occurred when there was no valid value on any of the 10 theta levels for the first few cycles of a float and when the proposed adjustment was linear or contained one or more breakpoints was solved.