The nineteenth Argo Steering Team meeting will be hosted by the Institute of Ocean Sciences (IOS) in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, the week of 12 – 16 March 2018.
The Argo Steering Team Meeting is a time for the national groups who contribute to international Argo to come together and discuss logistical and technical matters pertaining to the Argo array.
The AST executive meeting will be held at 13h00 on 12 March 2018.
The Institute of Ocean Sciences was founded by Dr. R. W. Stewart and opened its doors in 1977. It is built on the historical land of the Tseycum First Nation whose reserve is within 1 km of the Institute. Meetings will be in the Stewart Auditorium which recently received spectacular new doors carved by the husband of the current Chief of the Tseycum First nation. You will also get to use the new podium also by the same Tseycum wood-carver. (http://www.tseycum.ca/)
There are NO hotels within walking distance of the Institute of Ocean Sciences, and public transit to the Institute is almost non-existent. We will be setting up a shuttle service between Sidney Hotels and the Institute. If you miss the shuttle service, please use a taxi. Shortly after you register, a Google Doc will be shared with you. Please fill in the information on the Google Doc to help plan the transportation to and from the meeting.
IOS will host a welcome reception on Tuesday evening at the Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea. The Shaw Centre is located on the waterfront in downtown Sidney.
Greg Johnson from Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory in Seattle, Washington, will be giving a public lecture on Thursday evening at 19h00 in the Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea.
Talks and Documents
- AST19 talks
- AST-19 Agenda
- The original IOC information document ‘Evolving Capabilities of the Argo Profiling Float Network‘
- The IOC decisions, including Dec.6.1.1 regarding the information document
- Draft guidelines on how data can enter the Argo data stream
- Document to support Agenda Item 6.2 on metafile format changes
- Document to support Agenda Item 8.3 on salinity drift
- SBE document to support Agenda Item 8.3 on salinity drift
- OceanObs19 Core Argo abstract
- OceanObs19 BGC-Argo abstract
- OceanObs19 Deep Argo abstract
- OceanObs19 Argo Data Management abstract
- Australian National Report
- Canadian National Report
- Chinese National Report
- Dutch National Report
- French National Report
- German National Report
- Greek National Report
- Indian National Report
- Irish National Report
- Italian National Report
- Japanese National Report
- Korean National Report
- New Zealand National Report
- Norwegian National Report
- Polish National Report
- South African National Report
- Spanish National Report
- UK National Report
- USA National Report